We’re growing fast and constantly looking for dedicated people!
Interested in joining the team? Apply online here.
(This position does not support sponsorship.) This position is located at 1807 N Bloomington Street, Streator, IL 61364. If you are not currently in the area, you must be able to relocate to the area. We are currently not offering relocation assistance.
To design truck bodies and related transportation equipment and other custom projects as required. Position includes development of projects from initial concept and quote through production. Monitor all fabrication and inspect product throughout our processes including the final fit and function of the product. To finish assigned engineering projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations.
- Develop conceptual drawings based on customer need, works with customer staff to assure product meets their requirements.
- Work with other internal departments to troubleshoot and modify plans if problems arise.
- Create the bill of material for specific projects and send it to Purchasing for pricing where necessary.
- Inputs information into Visual for product purchasing and production.
- Prepare and print production documents and drawings.
- Assist Sales department with quoting possible jobs.
- Stay current on new design concepts and technology, including Autodesk Inventor Software.
- Monitor construction of new and sample products when needed.
- Participate in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department.
- Participate in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering. Associates degree in a similar field may also be considered with additional job experience.
- Engineering experience in mechanical and systems engineering design desired
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCad, as well as general computer skills desired.
We are hiring for full-time associates for first shift Monday-Friday. Overtime available.
1st Shift Hours are Monday – Friday 7am to 3pm
*Assembly Technician with Mig Weld– 1st Shift ($19.42-$22.34 per hour)
As an Assembly Technician w/MIG Weld, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of positions in the facility.
In this position, you will
- Mig Weld
- Operate abrasion saws and grinders
- Operate a hoist
- Use hand tools
*Assembly Technician – 1st Shift ($18.54-$21.13 per hour)
As an Assembly Technician, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of positions in the facility.
In this position, you will operate
- Skill and jig saws
- Impact drivers
- Pop-rivet guns
- Other Hand tools
At USTB, we offer the following.
- Step increases: We value your continued development and reliability and offer up to 4 pay increases over for your first 24 months!
- We believe associates do most of their learning and development during the first 2 years of service. We consider employees for merit raises at 3, 6, 12, 18 and 24 months.
- Recommend your friends and family and earn up to $250 per person in our Referral Bonus Program
- After a probation period, you will be eligible for
- Health Insurance in an 80/20 plan with $0 premium for employee (additional premiums for spouse and family)
- Health Reimbursement Account (Does your spouse have health insurance? We will pay you to not be on our plan).
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Discount Program
- Life Insurance, with option to purchase additional insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability Program
- Paid Time Off
- 7.5 paid holidays each year
- Safety Rewards Program (monthly and annual rewards for production associates, and annual for office staff)
- Safety Glasses Program
- Referral Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
After 1-year –
- Short Term Disability Program (for production employees)
- 401(k) plan with Safe Harbor match